Saturday, February 12, 2011

Russian Doll?

In an assignment from uni. I was assigned to a group of 6 other people, all extremely talented at what they do- styling/photography. The concept given was to style a garment based on any heritage... with a twist.
Th objective of the assignment was to help us understand what exactly a stylists job is, from sorting out the clothes on the rail to making sure the garments drape properly and what not.
So we picked the Russian Doll theme. And since my flatmate is Russian and we all knew that it's all about the floral prints and what not- we all got bright colourful, floral things, whatever we could find. And I borrowed a scarf from my flat mate. Thats just about all the floral I got. :\
Anyway, so this is the final look we came up with, thanks to our teacher and some of her inputs. Honestly, I quite like it. And I know clogs aren't really Russian but it gave it that feeling anyway, so we stuck to it.




The model is a friend of a friend. Isn't she just gorgeous? And I'm loving the pictures! Yay I'm so proud of everyone who put in effort into making this look work. It's awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment