Saturday, November 6, 2010

Rihanna at Westfield.

So this friend of mine from where I live told me that Rihanna was coming to Westfield mall to officially start the Christmas season at Westfield mall. I figured, I'd stop by and see the barbadian beauty myself. Never been a die hard fan of her music or anything, I mean she does come up with some fun songs to sing to (and then they go on repeating in your mind and you curse the soul of the girl in the tube sitting next to you humming it out loud) Anyway, getting back to the story. I endured a WHOLE lot to see her. These bunch of really annoying school girls went all ape on everyone around them evrytime some song came on, while the DJ was playing. (No Rihanna) Shoving and pushing and urh. Anyway, Rihanna finally came. FINALLY. Just as she arrived, the red carpet greeted her. From where I was standing all I could see was flashlights flashing away like crazy! It was so surreal because all those lights were flashing afar, with people screaming at the top of their lungs waiting to catch a glimpse of Rihanna. At age 22, this girl has achieved so much in her life. (kinda makes you question what you're doing with your life, doesn't it?) At such a young age, she has driven people so madly in love with her and her voice, not to mention the signature red hair.
As she made her way through the crowd, body guards et al... waving at her fans, stopping for an occasional photograph or an autograph, smiling pleasantly at her loyal fans I saw a red head strolling across the mob and then eventually, backstage (where she took another few gazillion years to come out from) But when she did though, I was completely awestruck. This was a girl who's life was so publicly laid on TV for millions to watch, as she was left battered and bruised by her ex boyfriend, this was the girl wearing that funny one shoulder dress by Victor and Rolf. This was the girl who came out with those million hits, this was the girl who rubs shoulders with the worlds most famous and powerful individuals. This girl, 22 years old, standing right in front of me, was here, live. Not on TV, but live. It was surreal and fairly different from anyone else I'd seen before.
Dressed in a flame red skirt by Kos and a grey bustier top by Zambesi with grey suede Big Lips heels by Christian Louboutin. While otherwise I'd consider this to be waaayyy to coordinated. Rihanna seemed to be able to pull it off, and pull it off VERY well indeed. The red skirt went with the colour of her hair that she tied up with a polka dotted head band. And the grey bustier went very well with the shoes she wore. She looked- amazing.

Here's a few pictures I took while I could.

I still can't get over just how young she is and how much she's achieved... It's truly quite inspiring. For me.
The Christmas lights she came to turn on.

A friend and I.

Photo opp with some fans.

Rihanna right in front of me! Omg. Lookin fiiiiine. :)

Walking in. (This is just about the time when the school girls next to me tore their vocal cords open, with all that screaming.)
video
You'll hear the girls screaming, ignore the noise and you'll do well. Hah.

2 comments:

  1. It really was amazing to see her. Even though she was well, EXTREMELY (to say the least) coordinated. (What with the, red carpet, the red Westfield logo, the white background and the colour palette of her get up) she looked AMAZING. Simple and truly quite well, hot. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete