Wednesday, June 9, 2010

What I'm watching:


I love T.V. shows. They're literally my only source of entertainment. (No, Facebook does not entertain me, I use to to stalk people.... And keep in touch, with friends)
My favorite shows swing from Greys Anatomy, to Desperate Housewives and Gossip Girl. However, just today I discovered this FAB new show called United States Of Tara.

It's about this average mom, with Multiple Personality Disorder. She swings from her normal avatar as Tara, the mother to one gay son and a very hormonally charged daughter. She has a loving husband who hasn't left her side. And in a second, snaps to Alice, a retro lady who wears frocks, Mary Janes, aprons, bakes cakes and has perfectly curled blonde hair with the right tone of red lipstick. Her third personality consists of T, an overtly horny teenage (mom) girl who's uncouth and kinda on the slutty side. Her THIRD personality brings out the man in her, called Buck. He's a motor cycle ridin' Hillbilly, who smokes, drinks, and dresses like a man, hits like a man.
The show is about her and how she deals with this problem she's forced to live with. It isn't comical. It's funny, yet it brings out the seriousness of the matter. Compelling the viewer not to sympathize, but commend the strength she must possess to deal with it, everyday. Her family too, must live with it. Her husband who's been forever loyal to her. Her two children, the gay son who's currently crushing on the high school hot guy person, who turns out to be secretly gay too, and then I have a feeling they get together or something. And the teenage daughter, a more eclectic looking Jenny Humphrey. She's rude, obnoxious, and sick of her moms problems. She starts to earn her own living.

Anyone who reads this (namely Arushi, since, she's all I got) MUST watch this show. It's informative and funny all at the same time.

Toni collette plays Tara Gregson (The MPD mom)

John Corbett plays Max Gregson (The husband)

Rosemarie DeWitt plays Charmain Craine (Taras real sister)

Keir Gilchrist plays Marshall Gregson (The gay son)

Brie Larson plays Kate Gregson (The rude daughter)

Steven Spielberg is the executive producer of this show.


FAAAAB! It's a crazy show. Love every bit of it.

3 comments:

  1. I'm not arushi :P
    And i'm intrigued.. running off to google it!
    Nice blog btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 episodes down... I'm addicted.
    I'm so glad i stumbled here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg. I just saw the comment!
    Gosh, I need to learn how to be more tech savvy with these things!
    Thanks! That's really nice of you.

    And United States of Tara is amazing. I can't wait for the 3rd season to come out next April! (apparently)

    ReplyDelete