Friday, May 28, 2010

Summer by the sea, compare the two?

BLAKE LIVELY- VOGUE USA JUNE 2010
JACQUELINE FERNANDEZ- VOGUE INDIA JUNE 2010

Okay while I was writing the title out, it just suddenly hit me- that it's ALREADY JUNE. Omg.


Okay, and while I think that this months Indian Vogue has been the best there's been yet (Not really saying much since I don't quite think much of this issue either) with Jaqueline Fernandez gracing the covers in a white Versace slit gown. Shot in Sri Lanka (Which is apparently where she hails from, I hear) I like the cool, summery, breezy feeling I get from this image. Quite.

Then there's Blake Lively in a slit Michael Kors top. Cover girl for Vogue the second time around. Love the colours. Except I wish she hadn't made that daft expression. Oh well.

According to me though, (And I can't believe I'm saying this) the winner of this issue has to be th Indian Vogue cover. I love the colour theme across the page and everything. While I don't quite care much for the gown but I love how everything is so intwined with everything else on the page. Good job then, I guess- Edward Lalrempuia and Anaita Shroff Adajania. Some of the cover story images were also shot by a young talented underwater photographer- Sumer Verma. Quite like it.

Picture courtesy: www.highheelconfidential.com (FAB site on Indian fashion scenario, make it your bible, do it now!)


Xoxo
Fashionmeal.


No comments:

Post a Comment